Tuesday 6 March 2012

Hebrews 10:5-10

It's been a bit of a busy couple of days here so I've not had a chance to write the posts that I've wanted to write about our Bible study. it is going really well so I'm pleased with our progress.
The programme we are following starts with verses which show that God had a plan for Jesus Christ to come to teach us and die for our sins.

We looked at Hebrews 10:5-10
(5) Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:
"Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
(6) In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
(7) Then I said, 'Behold, I have come-
In the volume of the book it is written of Me-
To do Your will, O God.'"

(8) Previously saying, "Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them" (which are offered according to the law), (9) then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second. (10) By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

I think this shows really well exactly what the Lord's plan was. I felt really emotional when Ivan read 40:9-10. Can you imagine giving up so much to save all of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment